SharePoint Explorer View allows you to view your SharePoint Document Library in a Windows Explorer View. This view is nice for uploading dozens of files at once, very quickly and very easily.
However, the performance of your Explorer View may be severely impacted by a single checkbox. If you have ever tried to use Explorer View and browsing between the folders is incredibly slow then here is how you fix it. The difference is night and day.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools –> Internet Options
- Select the Connections tab
- Click the LAN Settings button
- Deselect Automatically Detect Settings
- Click the Ok button twice
- Close and reopen all Internet Explorer windows.
Now retry browsing in SharePoint Explorer View. The performance should be significantly faster-moving between folders. Here is a screenshot below of the correct checkbox setting.