Active Directory operation failed on YOURDC.YOURDOMAIN.LOCAL. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation.
If you are trying to move a mailbox from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 and you receive an error like the one above then you may need to change some permissions on the user you are trying to move. The process is very quick and easy.
- Log onto your domain controller.
- Open Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Navigate to the user that could not be moved, right-click and, select Properties from the context menu.
- Click the Security** tab.
- Select the Advanced button.
- Make sure Include Inheritable Permissions From This Object’s Parent checkbox IS checked.
- Click Ok twice.
- Try to move the mailbox again.
**If you don’t see the Security tab in the User’s Properties then you need to enable the Advanced Features under the View menu in the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC.