If you receive this error on Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 while trying to connect with the Cisco VPN Client then the solution is a simple registry fix.
Check out this quick 3 minute video on how to fix. Prefer written instructions? They are right below the video.
- Click Start and type regedit in the Search field and hit enter.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\CVirtA
- Find the String Value called DisplayName
- Right click and select Modify from the context menu.
- In Value data, remove @oemX.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;. The Value data should only contain Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows.
- Click Ok.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Retry your Cisco VPN Client connection.
I hope this has helped! If you have some extra time, drop a comment in the box below.
Join the conversation on Twitter @SuperTekBoy.