On April 4th, I had the great pleasure of being a guest on RunAs Radio. I joined host Richard Campbell to discuss vulnerable Exchange Servers; including:
- The state of HAFNIUM in 2023 and suggestions to stay secure
- Exchange split permissions (RBAC versus Active Directory permission models)
- RunAs Radio mug inception
- Throttling and blocking emails from unsupported Exchange Servers to Exchange Online
- “On-Premises” versus “Partner” Connector types in Exchange Online
- Inbound connectors of type “On-Premises” will be disabled by default in new tenants
- Support the Humanitarian Toolbox
- Deprecation of Remote PowerShell in new Exchange Online tenants created after April 1st, 2023
- Get the Exchange Online PowerShell v3 module (stop using the older versions)
- Exchange 2013 is end of life
- Use Exchange 2019 Management Tools for Exchange Online hybrid management
- Steve Goodman’s GUI for the Exchange 2019 Management Tools
- Security landscape and bad actors in 2023
- Getting rid of Exchange on-premises
- Coauthoring Office 365 for IT Pros 9th Edition
- Closing thoughts
Listen to the podcast
(Originally posted at http://runasradio.com/Shows/Show/880)
What is the RunAs Radio podcast?
To quote Richard:
RunAs Radio was launched on April 11, 2007, with a nod from its sister show, .NET Rocks!. A new episode comes out on Wednesday every week, features a guest expert, and focuses on relevant topics in the IT field.RunAs Radio
Subscribe to the RunAs Radio podcast via Spotify, iTunes, or directly via their website. Also, you can download Episode 880 as an MP3. Be sure to follow RunAs Radio on Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn.
RunAs Radio #818 – Email Transport Security. I join host Richard Campbell to discuss email transport security, including forced versus opportunistic TLS, S/MIME versus Office 365 Message Encryption, DANE versus MTA-STS, and much more. Click here to listen
On the Line with Cohesity #44. I join host Theresa Miller to discuss Microsoft Viva, the new employee experience during the pandemic, the evolution of email security, Windows 11, and the benefits of the Windows and Office Insider programs. Click here to listen
MSP Unplugged Podcast – Office 365 Tips. I join host Jeff Halash to discuss the benefits of an Exchange hybrid migration, Exchange Server vNext, the M365 Apps beta channel, dark mode in Word, syncing versus backups, and much, much more. Click here to listen
Need a guest speaker?
Looking for a guest speaker for your podcast? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What tips do you have for Office 365? Drop a comment below or join the conversation on Twitter @SuperTekBoy.
Leave a Reply